Friday, July 1, 2011

First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was great!  My wonderful husband went out of his way to make me feel special - he baked me homemade heath cookies and sandwiched them around made from scratch butter cream frosting and then helped Luke make me a beautiful homemade Mother's Day card.  He had a co-worker help him pick out specialty papers, stickers and even an ink pad to personalize the masterpiece with Luke's hand and foot prints.  It was perfect!  He proudly presented me with my card on Mother's Day eve and I wimpered my thank you through choked back emotions (hey - I'm still a little hormonal alright?!).  Just as I started to compose myself, my cherished card took flight on a 30 mph gust of wind through the backyard directly into the pool.  I jumped up out of my seat to save the card from drowning when a sweet little red Luke footprint drifted off the page and sank down, down into a dark watery abyss.  As I was quickly dissolving into an emotional ball of goo over my lost footprint, (I may not have previously mentioned that we had also been drinking which likely contributed to my highly emotional state) my fast thinking husband grabbed the pool net and swooped it up.  Success!  Here is a picture of my now eternally rumpled first Mother's Day card.



No comments:

Post a Comment